Integration with External Services¶
Miniflux implements the Fever API in addition to its own REST API. The Fever API allows you to use existing mobile applications to read your feeds instead of the web user interface.
To activate the Fever API, go into the integration section and choose a username/password.
The API endpoint is
You could save articles to Pinboard.
To activate this service, go to the integration section and enter your Pinboard API credentials. You must use the API token, not your password.
You could save articles to Instapaper.
To activate this service, go to the integration section and enter your Instapaper credentials.
To configure the Pocket integration on your own Miniflux instance, you need to create an application on Pocket’s website.
Go to https://getpocket.com/developer/apps/new and create a new application.
- You can define the Pocket Consumer Key for all users by using the environment variable
- Or, you can set the Pocket Consumer Key only for your user by using the form.
If the environment variable is defined, the text field for the Pocket Consumer API key will be hidden.
Make sure the environment variable
BASE_URL is defined properly to allow the authorization flow to work afterward.
Once the consumer key is configured, you need to get a Pocket Access Token. This token could be fetched automatically by using the authorization flow or manually by making some HTTP calls.
The simplest solution is to use the link, “Connect your Pocket account”. This method redirects the end user to Pocket’s website and ask for authorization.
After the authorization is given, Miniflux will fetch the Pocket Access Token for you.
If you prefer to fetch Pocket Access Token manually, the process is described in Pocket’s developer documentation.
Wallabag is a self-hosted application for saving web pages.
- The API URL is the root URL of your instance, for example, if you have the hosted version use:
- To create a new API client, go to the section “API clients management” and choose “Create a new client”.
Nunux Keeper is a “personal content curation service”. It’s an alternative to Pocket or Wallabag.
- The API URL is the root URL of your instance, for example, if you are using the hosted version:
- To create a new API key, go to the settings tab: “API key” and choose “Regenerate API key”.